View Single Post
Old 19-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #9
ZePulle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Welcome on board.

As the bike is new to you, it'd be a good idea to do a complete oil service by also removing and cleaning the gauze filter, as this can give a good indication of the health of the motor.

If it's like my Evo then, to access the plug, you'll have to remove part of the exhaust, (slob had a 1200 so he can confirm that). If that is the case, and you don't fancy removing the exhaust yourself, get the dealer to do the oil change and clean the filter when they install your new exhaust. A decent workshop will let you know if they find anything unusual in the filter but maybe also ask them to photograph the filter so you can see its condition for yourself.
Thats FAB information. I like the recommendation. The Dealer has now changed the oil and filter and your prompt will prompt me to ask about the condition of the oil. I still dont now if the belts have been done. It is that job that will be done as asap. Ill ask the garage to check if i cant get hold of the previous owner to verify if it was done by him at all. Thanks for your advice Liuddite . Respect.