View Single Post
Old 23-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #506
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Its been one of those days that seemed like all had gone wrong and all would be a disaster. Turned out ok in the end just about as seat is now in the capable hands of a Welling Auto interior guy ready tomorrow. Bought myself another battery charger in case mine had broken ( turns out not ) so bike started and luckily had not leaked petrol into the sump.

So had to use the spare seat foam with a loose cover and rode to fill up with fuel for Wednesday. Then went on a ride to Isle of Grain at a gentle pace as technically i have to run it in to a degree. Pulled lovely tbh and i wasnt really feeling like " this is not like my 1100s and why would it be. Have to say the rear Ohlins is very nice and stable and the front end is very nice feel after having a total refurbishment. Brakes were good but rear could be better for me as i tend to use the rear.

Having got to the power station i stopped and was considering taking a few photos ( shame about the seat mind ) but didn't as i saw droplets of fluid on the fuel tank and traces also on engine case to the left clutch side and also on front left shock. I did feel also my left foot slip on the footrest once and because of that i had to go back home and abide the speed camera limit of 40mph and past two police cars too.

Got home and rinsed bike with warm soapy water and dried it off then investigated the cause. It was the clutch banjo on the reservoir that was not tight enough and i will take full reponsibility for that so i went around all the banjos again. The engine oil lines also i nipped up a wee bit more and checked the brakes and fork tops too. All is well i think now and 20 miles almost under my belt. Tomorrow evening another shakedown this time hopefully with proper seat fitted and a bit more bike confidence for me on the Monster will get it ready for Wednesdays day off. Another thorough clean will show me also if anything wrong.

I have to honestly say i am not dissapointed with its agility and feels lighter than expected but I really do hate the mirrors as one undid itself but sorted now. Hoping pictures tomorrow.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote