View Single Post
Old 13-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #19
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
I bought 2 used Shindengen series R/R (one of which was removed from a 2019 Panginale) for just over half of what they're asking for that MOSFET shunt R/R. Look for an SH821AA; fitted to many post-2011 bikes, including Ducatis.
I may be misreading your post, Spuggy, and, if that's the case, apologies, but are you saying the SH821 is a series type regulator? Edit:(As far as I'm aware, the only Shindengen models that are series type regulators are the SH775 and SH847.)

As you say, it's fitted as standard to, for example, the 821 and 1200 Monsters and, knowing Ducati as we do, you wouldn't expect the bean counters to authorise a top spec R/R when a cheaper option is available. I was under the impression it was an unremarkable SCR shunt type (I think the S in SH signifies SCR circuitry and the F in FH indicates (MOS)FET).

Having corresponded with Shindengen in the past, I pinged them an email for clarification and, to their credit, they replied straightaway:

Last edited by Luddite; 13-08-2020 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Series type model nos. added
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote