Thread: ULEZ Options?
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #14
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
From my experience TFL are pretty incompetent and unreasonable. They refused to accept my V5 clearly stating my bike met the EURO 3 standard, as it was a 2006 year and didn’t also specify the exact nox reading. However they accepted 2007 years without question. Nor would they accept a CoC for the exact same bike, model and year (but a different reg that they had already accepted was compliant) as proof that my bike (2006 S2R 1000) was also compliant. So each owner had to get his own CoC.

The best I could do with Ducati was to get the CoC for £50 (less than they were originally asking). After getting and providing this TFL we’re still rubbish. After a LOT of time and complaining to TFL including making a formal complaint to the ombudsman pointing out the delays, illogicality and unreasonableness of their position they eventually included my bike on the no need to pay on the payment screen and promised to fix it on the ULEZ online checker. They offered me a £50 ‘goodwill gesture’ (Ie they paid for my CoC as they had no leg to stand on insisting on it in the first place, but didn’t want to admit that given the precedent it would set) which I accepted.

Earlier this year with the impending ULEZ extension I checked the online checker and saw it is still wrong for my bike, 2 years after they promised to fix it so another formal complaint is underway…

I wish you good luck. Maybe they’ve got their act together finally (tho’ I doubt it). If not try the ombudsman if they don’t play ball. Trying the Mayors office is useless (they just pass it to TFL who do nothing) though you may get somewhere with your London assembly member raising it if you run into problems…
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote