View Single Post
Old 14-02-2021, 03:45 PM   #115
Doggy

Bike: M796
I thought I was done with buying bits for the monster, but in the garage the other day the standard finish on the bars was starting to bother me . I would have gone with a silver coloured bar and riser combo, but couldn't really find any so went with black Rizoma parts . They are beautifully made and packaged . I ordered them form Calsport and they arrived within two days which was great considering we had 6 inches of snow at the time ! . I went with a 60mm riser and the sportline bars, these are virtually identical to the standard bars, couldn't go any higher as the cables won't stretch that far .

I was going to wait a while for the weather to warm up, but couldn't help myself so fitted them today . I've never changed a set of bars before, but the old ones all came apart easy enough and it was all fairly straight forward . You have to drill the holes in the new bars for the locating pins for the switchgear which was no big drama . The left side was simple, but the throttle side for some reason took ages to fiddle about with so nothing hit the tank on full lock, barely a mm spare . I guess it's the switchgear cube pushing against the throttle housing against the brake lever . I'd like the brake lever a couple of mm more downwards but then everything fouls .
I'm really pleased with how they look, a definite improvement! .

Last edited by Doggy; 14-02-2021 at 03:47 PM..
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote