View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #24
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I am not suggesting in the slightest that this is the best security device out there.
That would be ridiculous.
And even if it was, it still wouldn't be anything like adequate against the determined thief ... nothing is.

What I do like though is its simple and basic yet effective design ... much like the monster itself I guess.
And I see no reason why China's ability to make simple electronic devices should be questioned .. this isn't the 70s.
In any case, for a fiver, and zero installation hassle, and zero interference with the bike's electrics, it will alert me to the tampering scrote.
What's not to like ?

Gazza .. I dunno if the tank would interfere with the remote signal but it should be easy enough to reach down and "flash" it from a better angle.

Pedro .. Yep, I may well fit a tracker as well.
If you know of a good one which doesn't require subscriptions, I would be interested to hear.
But if I'm using a tracker, the bike has already been nicked .. and I'll be walking home from the river.

Moco .. if you xxxx them off when you're at the pub (or the river) they don't know where you live.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote