View Single Post
Old 27-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #37
The Kevlar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAservice
Whilst we understand that forums such as this have a place, for sharing experiences both good and bad, we like to think that we should be the first point of call if anyone has a genuine complaint about our work.
How did I miss all this.......

As the above quote says, the dealer should really have been the first point of contact for any complaint. Having worked in the motor trade, I would have wanted to have been the first to know if any of my customers were unhappy, to at least give me the opportunity to explain the situation or rectify the problem. We all make mistakes sometimes.

To be honest the best time to complain / query is before you hand over any money, it has the benifit of focussing the attention of both parties.

In Ducati Aylesburys defence, although I do all my own work on the bike, I do use them a fair bit for parts etc. I have always found them polite and helpful. On the one occasion where I did have a slight issue on a part, it was all sorted out very quickly, exceeding my expectations.

I have my bike booked in later this week for a recall (fuel pipe), and they kindly agreed to do this whilst I wait.

Just thought it fair to have some positive experiences mentioned too....