View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #27
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Hope you had a good TT. Did those titanium pipes blue up nicely?
As the weather was so poor over race week and the mountain closed for good chunks of time due to the usual wanna-be racers running out of talent very quickly and binning it, resulting in the Police closing the road for investigation and clear up. This meant I didn't get many miles in. That said, all but one race ran, so we still got to see some great racing. Sadly, Davey, Jochem and Alan didnt return to the paddock, so so sad.

As you would expect the front lower pipe is going a very nice blue, as is the under seat portion, just behind the sub-frame, the rest is coming along veeeery slowly. The shot below was taken just before I left the Island, so a further 200 miles from Liverpool to London has helped it along, a bit.

I was speaking to a guy up at the Creg Ny Baa with a full Ti system on his RSV4 and he said it took him 8 track days and some serious road usage for the whole system to turn blue. Guess its all to do with air flow/cooling. One chap said he had heard that if you spray WD40 on the Ti it helps it along...not sure about that?

[IMG][/IMG]