View Single Post
Old 14-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
An early 750 is a cracking bike (I am a bit biased), proper cans, Stage 2 dynojet, K&N and big hole in the top of the airbox make a noticeable, seat-of-the-pants difference and worth every penny.

The dyno jet took me a couple of hours to install, and I'm rubbish with spanners, replacing the clutch cable took considerably more time.

I see it's got the clutch slave cylinder built into the crankcase and the seals can go (a design fault that was cured on the later models, but they're only a few quid and pretty easy to replace) and if you decide to buy a braided hose for it, you'll probably get one too short first time around.

I haven't got a rev counter either and don't miss it, but when it stops pulling I change up and when it starts to shake itself to bits, I change down.

The single disk is plenty, again braided hoses and hagon progressive fork springs enable you to wear you boots away with merry abandon. As for the weave, mine used to weave horribly on Dunlop 207s, getting worse as they wore down but a set of Pilot Pures sorted it, so it could be cured with a new set of tyres.

£2k seems a rather large amount, but if a deals to be had you can't go far wrong
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote