View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #955
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Productive day today, I finished the baffles on the tank bottom, they may need a bit of trimming when I introduce the tank top over them.
The tank top got a second lamination of CF, I think I will give it just one more and then hope it is strong enough.

The seat had its glove box aperture cut out and then had 3 filling and rub down cycles, I think maybe 2 more before it is ready for primer.
I also re-made the mould for the glove box lid which will also be the bum stop on the seat. I included two tabs on the mould which will locate in two slots on the seat base with the lid/bum stop being retained by a single Dzus fastener at the apex of the hump.
I think I also know how to get the wiring loom through the RH infill panel and round the headstock. The inside needs to be smooth to permit the loom to move as the steering is turned and therefore carbon fibre will not work here. I first tried making a 40mm OD tube about 50mm long out of some 1mm polypropylene bonded together with Q Bond. But even at the most extreme angle I could manage it was pointing in the wrong direction. I will tomorrow try to panel beat some 1mm aluminium into a tube with a curved entry through the infill panel. Play got stopped by not being able to find my panel beating set, which I have obviously put somewhere safe
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote