View Single Post
Old 23-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #168
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
So after a chat with Moto Rapido about parts and stickers they inform me that no longer available BUT they use Image Works who I have used before. Moto Rapido sending me some parts this week to finish off all the detail stuff I need replacing still and will be sorting me out some exhaust half rings to replace the old ones and that odd one.

The phone call to Image Works has resulted in 2 seat cowl ones and a spare front fairing if I decide to get a carbon one later and a missing AGIP decal and hopefully the Shell Helix oil decal fro the clutch side casing. They really know their stuff regarding sizes and versions of Ducati Models and not all are the same.
I got some heat shrink sleeving through the post to repair the breather hoses I have and repair the one Utopia kindly sent me. It worked a treat and now ready to fit. I still have to shorten another spring and replate it for the top breather pipe on the carb.

The exhaust clamps are now cleaned up and had some BBQ paint applied just for now. It no doubt will burn off later but makes them decent for now and this stuff is pretty hardy.

I am now ready to give BigOz the exhaust header for him to try and cosmetically repair the ends of the shields where they were welded on to some exhausts. I got given some 42mm copper tube and it was split and slipped in between the joint. This will give BigOz a barrier to not allow the stainless weld to go further. I slightly peined the edge over as was a loose fit over the exhaust where they can flare. The worst case scenario is I could dremel cut off the first 4mm off the front and have a shorter overlap but I thought it would be interesting to see if they can be repaired with BigOz's skill.

I nearly made an error but a good error until I checked the Monster Bible by thinking my oil cooler hose was missing the plastic/rubber cover where it goes across the belt cover. I was intending to use the heat shrink I got through the post today for the breather pipe repair. BTW if you need any I bought 1m and used about 60mm and its 20mm to shrink down 50% if needed. My breather pipes were 12-13mm.
The worry I had about the oil cooler hose was the colour the braiding went when I plated the elbows coloured zinc as they were from new. I used a scotch pad on the braid and its toned down much nicer now. It was a tad too gold bling for my liking as I was hoping only the elbows would have taken the colour.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote