View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
thanks for this - I think I might have a crack at making one - haven't made anything from metal since school 30 years ago so could be eventful.

how wide are your tabs 15 - 20mm and blade about 210mm
Well done buddy, and good luck with it.

I delberatly didn't shower the drawing with measurements as it all gets a bit busy looking with Turbocad. I just kept to the important ones.

I made my tabs 20mm wide on the basis of it looking about right and also giving me a bit of room to elongate the holes if it all went pear shaped.

In the event it was spot on, but I think a 20mm tab is about right, as that is what connects it to the blade, and you don't want that to snap if the blade ever gets Frieght-Trained by the chain.

Can't remember the length over all now, but you are in the ball park with 210-230mm
I only left 5mm beyond the top hole as any more would show past the sprocket cover, but no reason why it couldn't be longer if you don't mind it showing.
The part of the blade below the lower tab can be longer but it gets harder to fit the longer it is. Also the lower portion needs to be kept quite straight to sit on the crankcase web that is below the chain (on my 900)

I have tried not to be too specific with anything as you will see exactly what you're up against when you offer your pattern up....Good luck.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 07-04-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote