View Single Post
Old 16-04-2023, 02:58 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Back up for sale.. NOW SOLD.

I've had what seems to be a titanic struggle to find a pair of panniers that suit my new bike and now own a plethora of no less than 10 panniers!
Thanks to the person that explained plethora to me, It means a lot.
Dacs has come to the rescue and supplied some Givi panniers and racks that are easily adaptable and will also accommodate the Oxford lifetimes I got from Conquistador.

So The Shad SL 58 are still brand new and come with rain covers, two long straps with hooks, six short Velcro straps, The side racks and a mounting to suit a Monster 797. The instructions are there too.

I succeeded in making a couple of nice ali brackets to fit the racks to my new bike, which to be honest wasn't rocket science and I think it would be simple to adapt the side racks to other Monsters other than 797.
I think they would work on an older Monster without the racks at all, like the lifetimes always did on mine.

My brackets eliminated the rear carrier that is already there and I decided that it was best to keep it and have the option of panniers and/or top box, which the Givis seem to manage.

NOW SOLD

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 27-04-2024 at 07:56 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote