View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #9
rbt1548

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Bike looks great - really nice.

I think pricing is all over the map for these - I bought a bone-stock (apart from bar-end mirrors and flat-black painted mufflers) 2000 Sie with 9K miles and a fresh battery/valve/belt job for 3K. Guy didn't use it/just wanted it gone, and I didn't haggle...

If you decide to sell, I think you should set price based on how quickly you want to get the space back. Condition of yours should certainly support pricing towards the top of the range, despite mileage. Which might scare some people, but isn't really "high".

After all, you only need one seller to decide that your bike ticks all the boxes for them - and pre-LCD clocks/injection/S-spec everything? Arguably the best of the 900s as supplied by the factory. But buyers are strange beasts.

Or "priced to sell", as they say...
I am not desperate for the space and will put it on here first when I get back and will use the advice I got regarding price on here when I decide on a price, factoring in 'wiggle room' for both me and, hopefully, a buyer. I do not intend kicking the backside out of it pricewise so won't be stubborn to deal with, but am not going to give it away, a nice meeting of minds would be great

1965 BSA Lightning Clubman
1958 Wife
2000 M900Sie
rbt1548 is offline   Reply With Quote