View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 11:22 AM   #109
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Yes, sorry, Doggy and Colin, I am infected with the spending bug and am definitely still contagious. (There is no cure!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnfat View Post
...tell me how you attached yours (silicon/ double sided tape etc.)
For the tail piece, I've tried two ways of mounting it. My first attempt on the red seat cowl works but is overly complicated (I didn't trust the double-sided tape). I removed the rubber pad and drilled a hole through the cover. I then epoxied a countersunk M6 screw to the carbon cap, which enabled me to fasten the cap to the cowl with a nut and repair washer. You have to make sure that the end of the screw is smooth and doesn't protrude past the nut to avoid damaging the seat material. That method does allow you to easily remove the cap but that's really its only advantage over adhesive.

I was going to swap the cap over onto my new white cowl but decided to get a new one from Carbonworld (www.carbonworld.de), which I stuck onto the original rubber cap with the double-sided tape supplied and also black silicone adhesive between the strips of tape.

I clamped the cap down overnight while the silicone set to ensure that it sat flat against the cowl and it's fine. (I still wouldn't trust the tape on its own though.)

The silicone adhesive is good stuff and I've used it to attach the carbon air vents to the tank and also this ABS guide to the front mudguard.

Don't forget to post some pics of your machine, Colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
I myself have just parted with some cash on the carbon4us website that he mentioned previously.
So what have you just bought, Doggy??
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote