View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
The deviation...

So, I got to thinking about the engine and specifically the power, I know 2v Ducati engines are not high HP 'monsters' but as they are relatively unstressed was thinking that there must be more available.

Research showed me that there are several ways to improve the output of a 2v, including; big-bore, high compression pistons, cylinder head gas-flowing and split carbs on short intakes - I decided to do them all.

I'd already had my 916 heads gasflowed by Chris at CJS racing and seen a healthy 15hp+ increase so knew that he was the man for the job so the heads went off to CJS.

Cylinders were bored & replated by Langcourt to 944cc and suitable 94mm JE high-compression pistons were sourced.

A pair of Keihin flatside FCR 41mm carbs were bought along with Malossi short intake manifolds to do away with the long intakes that hinder serious HP increases on these engines.

I 'discovered' that to take advantage of the short intakes and big carbs that I needed to replace the cams, ideal replacements being ST2 or 900ie cams and these proved difficult to find so I resorted to buying a complete ST2 engine to use as a 'cam donor'.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote