View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
The beginning...

As a long-time Ducati fan, I'd always fancied a Monster; an old-school Monster 900 and I always liked the high-level exhausts, so that was the project 'brief' a 900cc Monster with high-level cans.

I considered buying a ready-built & working bike but, for whatever reason (probably insanity!) decided to buy loads of bits and put them together along with a few parts that I had lying around in the workshop and whilst I enjoy this sort of thing it is definitely not a cheap way of acquiring a new bike.

Anyway the base for the build was a frame from a 1999 M600 that I bought, along with a few assorted bits; rear suspension & wheel, airbox, hugger, wiring loom etc. All looking a bit 'tired' but in generally good condition.

I had also seperately acquired an aircooled 900 engine in, seemingly, good condition so was thinking 'I only need a few bits and I'm there' a couple of months and I'll be riding it.

The frame;

Probably the fastest skateboard in the world?;

So now the goal was to marry the above parts along with my 'left-over' 916 forks that I had rebuilt by Ktech with their internals, lighter springs, ti-nitride tubes and Brembo radial brake mounts;

I had a plan, and a mission...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010050a.jpg (31.6 KB, 1798 views)
File Type: jpg 904.jpg (30.7 KB, 1554 views)

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote