View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 04:02 PM   #55
buzzer

Bike: M900
On the last couple of builds where I have converted from EFI to carbs I have used an Ignitech ignition unit that utilised the original induction sensor. While the bikes ran OK, I had to make adjustments in the software to compensate for the fact that the values in the software differed from what was actually happening on the bike, plus the tick over was not as steady as I would have liked… This irritated me, and Ignitech themselves refused to answer emails for advice… so I investigated a hall effect setup.

I read about it on the fastbikegear website (Liam has been VERY helpful) and decided to give it a go… The sensors are tiny, and sense two small magnets in the cam wheel through a couple of 3mm holes in the alloy plate. South Pole switches it on, north off, so it’s important to get them the right way round, hence the magnet and phone! Here is how I made it, took a while! The values in the software now match the actual advance when checked with a strobe, and the tick over is rock solid! I have shown it here on the 996 engine as that bike is on the road…

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote