View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #156
Moco1961

Good News and not so good news

well I hope this hasn't caused too much angst , I think there is an option now,
firstly I have tried to keep the same dates as I know folk have set diaries around the weekender. This has proved near impossible I am sad to say, not so good news,

Chainbridge Hotel
Hand Hotel
Wild Pheasant Hotel
Royal Hotel

in Llangollen all fully booked for the Saturday night with limited availability on the other nights

Ruthin Castle Hotel~ fully booked
Crabwall manor
Mollington banestre both near Chester, races are on and the prices will make your eyes water.

The good news is I have 20 rooms reserved at the Rossett Hall Hotel, Function room and good mix of rooms, ie more twins. THIS IS FOR THE FIRST BANK HOLIDAY,3RD 4TH 5TH MAY. This means we are all together and we get to keep the same itinerary that we have worked so hard on. To wet your appetite and hopefully get the vote for this proposal:

Friday ~ arrive at hotel, buffet dinner,drinks, chill out .
Saturday~ head off the the copper mine, visit the aqueduct en-route , lakes and mountains in the afternoon and return via the Ponderossa ~ 4 hrs in the saddle. Evening meal followed by guest speaker , a man who has Ducati blood in his veins and is part of the history, think 1978 IoM.
Sunday, " Take no prisoners" National ride out to Portmeirion . For those unfamiliar this is a complete village, a folly, based on Italian architecture, we have a table/tables booked in the castle for Sunday lunch which gets us free entrance to the village where the TV series the prisoner was filmed. We have special permission to take the bikes in and get photos hopefully for a Calendar.

There you have it, please post up asap if all you weekenders think this is a goer and I will make it so

Last edited by Moco1961; 09-04-2019 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: spelling.....i'm blinking tired