View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #914
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Bit more CF production today and a decision made to attempt to modify some moulds to eliminate/reduce the impact of the sharp angle and hopefully make them capable of producing CF components fit for purpose.

For the infill panels it involves filler and a lot of tedious and intricate rubbing down, the sprocket cover will be a simple re-design, it is after all simply a means of a) preventing fingers and toes being trapped in a rotating sprocket and b) stopping the chain gunk getting everywhere. A flat CF plate is on the cards mounted on aluminium bushes.

The head lamp shell mould modification required a bit of lateral thinking. I plan to eliminate the right angle at the leading edge of the bowl by cutting some 1mm polypropylene into a 25mm x 692mm strip and bending it into a circle and then glue-ing it onto the leading edge of the mould effectively deepening the mould by 25mm. There will be sufficient resolution where the join line is to define a cut line for when the CF is removed from the mould. I will give it a go tomorrow, fingers firmly crossed.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote