View Single Post
Old 23-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #113
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
I can't believe I haven't done anything to the Evo for over a year! But as far as mods for the Evo go, I think I've reached the point where the law of diminishing returns is kicking in. The things that I can do, (or am prepared to do - no suggestions of carbon wheels please!), are few and far between now and the effects on the bike, minimal.

I do hope neither 350TSS nor buzzer post any updates of their mods today, as I'd be ashamed to call this a "mod" in their company! Let's refer to it as a "tweak" instead. It's cheap and quick, (£10 and 10 minutes), and it does slightly change the look and feel of the bars.

I'd noticed that one of my stock grips had a slight nick and, being a bit anal about such things, I planned to change it. But, rather than a straight replacement, I fancied something different so went for a set of Domino grips. While I like the pattern of their A250 Road Racing grips, they only come in two-tone with no plain black option. So I went for the Dakar grips, which have the same pattern as the original 1993 Monsters, (if that style's good enough for Albie, it's good enough for me!).

I got mine from Bike Torque Racing https://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/b...4006-1.htm#eq1

Be aware that Ducati grips tend to be longer than many other marques, 128mm as against 120mm - 125mm for, say, Honda or Yamaha, so check the grip size before ordering.

No glue needed, just a judicious application of alcohol and job done. They feel a lot softer, thinner and grippier than stock. I've not ridden with them yet but like the way they look and feel in the garage.

Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote