Thread: Jules' M600
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy View Post
Looks great. Apart from the obvious with the added disc more stopping power what benifets do you get from putting 900 forks on the bike? Reason i ask as they might be longer than the standard 600's?? as i am a over 6ft this could be a mod worth doing for myself.
The 900 forks are dimensionally identical, they just happened to have the caliper mount on both legs where the originals only had the left hand mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave View Post
Ped, i like the bike, photo skills are a bit faded but anyway, where did you get the decorative exhaust collars - me likey and fancy a pair.
They're made by MPL in Germany, found them on Fleabay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
Pedro I was considering cleaning/polishing up my exhaust on my 620, although they’re discoloured and a bit rusty I thought they were copper coloured underneath, do you think mine are silver coloured like yours? - If so I’ll definitely give them a clean up now.
As Jen has said, all monster exhausts are polishable - it's just that the grade of stainless steel is pretty poor and discolours quickly. If yours are very badly discoloured, you may want to send them for professional polishing - it took a week for me to do my 900 pipes with a drill based polishing set. The Sil Moto system on my 1000 took no time, my old man has a really good polishing wheel on his lathe and it took my about 45 minutes to do the lot!