View Single Post
Old 21-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #27
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
My bike always gets the "that sounds ferkin' ace!" from innocent bystanders. Tonight some old geezer came strolling up while I was locking up the machine and said "I heard you comin' a mile off! I just had to come up and see what the ferk it was-'ondas don't make that noise. Ferkin' music that is!"
They also save lives... In London loud cans ARE essential to get you noticed. You need every weapon you can get to stay alive. I always ride on main beam, and when filtering make as much noise as I can. Tonight a girl on a CBR600FM type thingy was about 8 metres in front with a standard pipe. We were both on the right of a one way 4 laner approaching a right turn onto the A1 from the A503 at about 15-20mph. Then the black cab just pulled out from the stationary queue in the 3rd lane without indicating or looking, straight into her path. Crunch. She was thrown off straight onto the cerb edge... Stopped. Checked. Ambulance on the way. Luckily she seemed fine and the ambulance took her off for a checkup. Bloody lucky, but bike had a chunk bitten out of the fairing and an indicator obliterated. If she hadn't been first off the lights it would have been me. Maybe the dozy old giffer would have seen/heard me? Then again he seemed well past retirement....

I'm gonna start an Ex-pats section of the UKMOC.....
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote