View Single Post
Old 16-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #217
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TSS View Post
The compilation of the list highlighted some critical (read expensive) decisions required to move the project forward These are:
1. Rear suspension: the existing hock absorber is knackered and probably beyond re-building so its a Hagon YSS or Ohlins and that can be with or without a remote reservoir. Obviously need to decide as bracketry will be needed to be brazed to the frame if a remote reservoir is selected.
2. Front suspension; rebuild the originals or send away to KTech or Maxton to let them put it together with fancy (expensive) internals.
3. Carbon wheels or not? -they will cost more than the bike is worth as it stands but I have always had the view that light weight wheels are the best tuning mod for any bike.
4 depending upon the condition of the bores when I take the heads off - 944cc barrels and pistons
Nitron do reasonably priced shocks somewhere between Hagon and Ohlins and performance wise they're probably as good as Ohlins although I haven't made the comparison directly as I only have Ohlins but if i were looking to replace that I'd probably be looking at Nitron.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote