View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 07:13 AM   #15
Kentgent

Fixed it....no hang on I haven't (

Well, just an update folks.....

In the end, decided my issue was to do with the wiring that goes through the epoxy pot in the flange to the fuel pump, so bought the replacement kit from Exact.uk (its the california cycle works kit) - didn't do anything with it over winter, then about 6 weeks ago as we all had time on our hands...uh hum.....thought I'd give it a go.
Sure enough, changed the flange pot wiring, at the same time changed the strainer and the fuel filter. Put it all together, then hey-presto......fired up on the first touch of the start button.....
Pleased as punch, I put the battery back on tender and started the bike once/twice a week since then for the last 6 weeks or so.....
Yesterday, as restrictions had lifted thought it would be a good time to go out for a quick spin......same issue as original......engine turns over, but will not fire.....can't be the wiring harness as just changed that, can't be a blocked strainer or filter as both new, can't be a starter relay as both relays were changed too.......and as it has been starting on the button for the last 4 weeks or so (but not actually going anywhere) I am left with the thought that the fuel pump (only thing I didn't change) is somehow internally gummed up so it isn't priming? Can't hear it.....

Wish i'd changed the pump regardless while I had it apart now