View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Kentgent

Monster 695 Fuel Pump Woes......

Hi all,

Anyone had this experience? From looking at various forums it is reasonably commonplace.

Any assistance/experience pointers appreciated.

Bike serviced less than 30 miles/ 1 month ago, new cambelts etc. rode with no issues once since. Went to go out this weekend, started on the button, then while I was getting jacket/helmet on died and won't start since. Cranks over fine.

The pump is not priming so I am 90% certain it is that

I have checked -
Battery- OK
Replaced both relays under the seat (Fuel and Ecu?) with new
Checked all fuses
Have squirted some flammable down the intake and the bike roared into life
I am getting a blip of 12V at the pump connector plug positive under the tank as the ignition goes on and then 11.5 -12.v circa as it is cranking with no action from the pump.

I have seen several videos regarding the connections failing under the epoxy in the flange - I suspect it is there, will confirm once i've emptied the tank and carried out continuity tests with the flange out.

Ducati want £ 790.34 for a complete new unit - This will mean my kids get no christmas presents so not an option!!

Apparently a fix in the form of part number 51020032A which is the loom including the aluminium pot with the epoxy connectors which is fitted via a circlip and sealed with an o-ring , from an ST2 is available, but there is some debate as the ST2 has 3 wires and the monster has 4 wires (an additional earth) s0 this fix would include having to modify, which given where it is I don't want to be doing.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated - bike has done about 10.5K total so son't want to be spending £1K on fixing a fuel issue a month after spending £ 650 on service, cambelts, rear brake cylinder and a new rear tyre

I have a video of the issue but don't know if I can post it here or post a link to it on youtube?

Suggestions please.

BEst regards
Will

Last edited by Kentgent; 17-10-2019 at 09:27 AM..