View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
Flip

Bike: M900
Hmmm....

I'm sure it is a tough one, the Daytona is a quality motorcycle for sure.

But as you have said, as with most things anything on the Ducati can be modified or changed (your wallet is the limiting factor) to suit your style- In fact the original Monsters came with an accessory catalogue with everything in it from wheels, exhausts and carbon fibre parts to comfort seats and panniers. The bikes were sold as almost a blank canvass for customers to modify to their liking.

Something, perhaps the latest models lack a little in their design but with economies around Europe the way they are I guess the last thing Ducati want their customers to think is that as soon a they have bought a bike they need to spend hundreds on it getting it the way they want it.

If you look around the forum and on the net you will find peoples' bikes with modification that far out value the bike itself, why?? Because there is just something so 'involving' with the bikes to own. I've owned my old 900 thirteen years now and although not nearly as modified as some it is pretty much as I want it to be, although they never really stop being work in progress- (if anyone has a set of either spoked wheels or Marchesini items laying around please get in touch) and I still sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it and people still look at it as something special when it's parked up- how many bikes can you say have made people do that?.

So I would say, have another test ride on one after you've blatted around on your Daytona for a couple of weeks, think about the mods you want to do again (lots of things like exhausts come up second hand) and remember they don't all have to be done right away.