View Single Post
Old 29-05-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Ohh, now you've started something.
That was the idea.. Thanks for joining in.

I wonder if the Bazza connection is Donald Duck and Woody Woodpecker? The two characters are from contemporary rival companies, Disney and Universal. The animators and voice actors would swap around anyway so it was a big family really.
I wonder if Barry's helmet design was also based on nose art? It didn't take me long to find Woody on a P-40 nose.

I remember Capo telling me how Barry would crash on his floor when he was younger and also sitting in Arbuckle's on one very snowy winter meet telling me about Barry driving him in the snow across the Fens, he wouldn't leave the handbrake alone and Capo was convinced they would end up spinning into a deep Fen drain.

I do remember the tabs for the harness and have considered something like that for mine one day as the harness is as ugly as sin. I hope you get the frame, it'll make a fabulous garden object d'art.

I don't know what the standard weight of an S4R is but it is an impressive weight loss, I think it about 6 stone! You're getting there with Stella though.

Not Stella's front end in the picture, but mine. We shuffled up to squeeze you in when you arrived.

They make a nice set of three. I remember steadying his bike as he swung his poor old legs over the saddle that day, he could barely walk, but as you say, set off like a scalded cat..

Yeah.. I miss him too.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 31-05-2021 at 09:04 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote