View Single Post
Old 17-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #1195
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Not much progress the last few days as had to pick up No 1 and No 2 offspring prematurely from university, one from Birmingham and one from Oxford, unfortunately on separate days - total 13 hours on the most boring roads in Britain.
Sprayed the hugger mat black but it had loads of annoying little pin holes in the surface, so I filled it and either the filler, which is reaching the bottom of a 5 litre tin is going off or, more likely, I was a bit too Scrooge with the hardener so it took about 3 days to be hard enough to rub down.
It is however now done and looks OK, though I wish the design itself was not so obtrusive (think Hardly Dangerous Electraglide fenders as they call them).
Today was spent knocking up a support for the wiring entering the MU unit.
An added bonus of fixing the CoG of the wiring harness at the back of the tank is that I can shorten the limbs of the loom, most of which go to the MU unit, by simply shortening the wires as they enter it (without disturbing the AMP connectors at the other end).
My ETTC is now down to 89 hours of which 36 is wiring, 24 assembly and 29 is painting the tank, seat and fly-screen.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote