View Single Post
Old 14-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #554
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
I had problems with piston rings on my M900, not Ducati but rather JE pistons and had to get the cylinders replated twice due to Nikasil bore wear.

In the end I got new CP (Carrillo) rings from Performance unlimited; http://www.performanceunlimited.co.u.../piston-rings/ all they needed was the measurements and they were able to supply a set of rings that fit perfectly and at much less cost than Ducati's prices. I don't remember the actual cost but I think it was in the region of £50 - £60 for both pistons.
Thanks.

Ok so no requirement to voluntary work today or tomorrow but my carbs can be rebuilt as new gaskets are in. So tomorrow I'm running the engine down to the workshop where at some point very soon we inspect it for the wear on mainly the rear but I'm thinking just check front too.
I'm going to try do most of the work with Alec guiding me and I know now how to do belts so nothing I'm scared of trying now.
Also I will be ordering more frame paint this or next week but iI will keep you updated.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote