View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 09:05 PM   #550
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
A long time has passed and a sad thing noted previously is Darkness post. Things are starting to happen now as Alec is helping me mentally and generously giving me help and anything I need at cost to get the build going again. Carbs are stripped and been ultrasonic cleaned and just waiting for gaskets. New screws on them too. I have a price for stripping the frame back locally and that's going in next week then being painted locally too.
Regards the engine we have spoken to Luke at Moto Rapido and we have come to the conclusion the gifted pistons from the 900ie is not a good idea. Part nos different but physically different in skirt and valve cut out. Now the rings may still be possible but as Ducati ones at cost are 186 a set for one piston is way too steep. Before we go there engine is going down to our workshop to take head off as could just be the oil ring as they are somewhat the most to get broken. Alec will be watching me over my shoulder giving me advice as he believes I can sort this and do belts now. I understand now the myth and it's not so scary if you follow simple rules of checking and double checking.
It's way too long now since this started and sadly failed. It's now 7 years in May I got it and 4 years since it's only real journey to the weekender. That's just 375 miles . Next year is 30th anniversary of the Monster and something inside me relates to Darkness with my bike and it's sad to be still in bags etc so it's going to be a good push this year.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote