View Single Post
Old 14-04-2023, 07:50 AM   #5
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Sounds about right.

For years I was with the same company (Carole Nash) and every year we had to 'tango' as in they'd send a proposal of around £100ish more than the last, I'd call them and we'd do the dance and normally they'd get it down to somewhere near last year's price.

Last year they wanted almost double the previous and wouldn't even consider a reduction so I changed, went with Footman James who were considerably cheaper than even the previous year with Carole Nash but, of course this year the renewal comes in at around £50 up on last however, I really couldn't be bothered so just paid it (I guess that's what they rely on?).

Probably should have stood my ground but, as my insurance is a multi-bike and all the bikes are modified to some extent I can't get a quote online and so have to call and explain all the mods etc. which takes a lot of time and effort and I really couldn't be bothered for £50, we'll see what next year brings.

As for car insurance, I have a policy that gives me a fixed price for 3 years (though now on the 3rd) and whilst I can opt out any year, I haven't found anything better price or cover wise online - reasonable priced insurance being one of the benefits (in fact probably the only one) of getting old! so am quite happy with it for this year at least.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote