View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #27
Macflurry

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Nothing wrong with Newfren plates, I'm using them on both my Ducatis but on both the M900 and 916, I find neutral is a pig to select at standstill if the pack is anything over 38mm.

I don't use the dished plates as I see no advantage in having a plate that doesn't contact flat and they are more likely to slip.

If you need to fine tune the thickness then you can get flat 1.5mm plates (rather than 2mm) but if it's just a tad thick it will get better with wear.

The trick I use is that, with engine off and clutch pulled fully in, the clutch should 'freewheel' a little after you spin it with your hand - if not and it stops dead then it is dragging and neutral will be a bitch to select.
Thanks for that. I spotted one of your older posts last night where you imparted a lot of clutch based wisdom. I may try taking out one of the first two steel plates to reduce the stack height and keep all the friction plates in there. Neutral is non existent at a stand still with the engine running. It selected it easy from first when I tried it just on the paddock stand and the rear wheel was spinning slightly.
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote