View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
Good post Shuffy though very sad and alarming news - it would be awful to lose ducati proteam, I only had my full service and MoT done with Al a couple of months back and was the usual great service and price. Having used various official Ducati dealers and independents in London/SE over my 25 years of Ducati ownership (I'm London based), with varying levels of satisfaction (ranging from awful to OK but pricey) I found Al/Ducati Proteam through UKMOC several years ago and never looked back. He does a great job at very reasonable prices and no bull**** extra costs, unlike many, he's very professional (including thorough paperwork on what's been done/checked etc) and helpful - my bike has never been sweeter than after he started working on it. He's always flexible and is great at communication too (I had to sort things from abroad when away with work a few times and he was happy to exchange emails to sort it all). Great service, great guy.

I know everyone has their favourite mechanic/garage but if you are based anywhere near him you should give him a try! If you're London based he will normally pick up the bike from you for a v reasonable cost, service it and deliver it back - how easy is that? Or you can have a nice ride to drop off with him and get train back from strood (train station is just 5 min walk from the workshop and fast train gets you to Stratford or st Pancras stations in London in no time). Why go to a main dealer and pay through the nose when you can have a real expert like Al work on your bike for far less?

Really hope people make use of Al's services, it would be a really sad day if we lose Ducati Proteam, both for Al personally and for all of us in London/SE who already have rather too few good options for getting quality and affordable Ducati servicing...

And yeah no connection to the business here either other than being a very satisfied customer for 10 years or so now...

Yellowfever
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote