View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I'm afraid I've got to agree with you, it is a sign of impending.... No imminent doom.... NO NO already happened disaster of humongous epic proportions. You have my deepest commiserations.
Turn the motor off, never ever start it again, sell as soon as possible for as much as feasible.

The right hand pipe... have a look and see where the spaghetti leads, they are different lengths albeit joined to equalise pressures which could make a difference. There could be a little difference in the mixes between the cylinders but that shouldn't make too much difference really unless one is very lean or one is rich but you'd probably have noticed that as the motor wouldn't be running so well.

I'd think that if the pipes are not so hot that you get instant severe burns even getting close then the bikes not really up to full temperature so any difference is a bit of a non event.