View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #10
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
I have an Oberon slave on my Monster but it also has an RCS master cylinder (16mm) which probably skews the results? as the clutch is lighter than that on my 916 which has an 'Evoluzione' slave cylinder that I believe is a larger bore than the Oberon?

Anyway, in the interest of science I recently did a clutch pull (weight) test to compare them, results were;

M900 with Oberon slave and RCS master = 6.7kg
916 with Evoluzione slave and standard master = 7.6kg

I'm not sure what standard clutch pulls are but somewhat heavier than the above.

Oh, and just for fun my Moto Guzzi Le Mans with standard cable operated clutch = 10kg.
Not sure how they measure up- according to Avanti the Evoluzione slaves come in 27.0, 27.5, 28.5 and 30.5mm presumably depending on model and year while Oberon state theirs is 29.0mm diameter for all Ducati models and years.

I measured my 900 with the same balance scales I use to set my timing belt tension and got a similar figure to you (which I know is not much good without a standard set up to compare it with) while my little race bike was easily up to 10Kg before the lever started to move, which was possibly partly down to a bit of an awkward angle so I'll pull the bike out and have another go at the weekend as I'm intrigued now but it is a little clutch with strong springs- but it sure don't slip though

Last edited by Flip; 14-08-2018 at 10:08 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote