View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
I've had an upgraded slave cylinder on both my S2R 1000 and 1100 Evo; Ducati Performance on the former and Oberon for the latter. They made the clutch pull lighter on both bikes but I think I noticed it more on the S2R as that had a heavier clutch to start with.

I can certainly vouch for the quality of the Oberon, lovely billet construction, a perfect fit and faultless performance over the last seven years. The larger size cylinder means a longer pull on the lever is needed to fully disengage the plates. I've got aftermarket ASV levers with a wider span adjustment than standard so that's not a problem.

If you do change, just to satisfy my curiosity, try using a spring balance/luggage scales on the lever with the standard cylinder to see how many kilograms pull you need to disengage the clutch then do the same again with the new cylinder. Let us know what the difference is.

I think the Oberon model you need is the same as mine - CLU-0116. Don't worry about spares - Oberon offer a lifetime guarantee and will repair/refurbish the cylinder as necessary.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote