View Single Post
Old 22-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #38
Mossleymonster

Bike: M1100s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Thanks to Mossleymonster for posting this link on this thread: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...724#post559724

I've added it here to bring this thread up to date. This is the consultation that was promised earlier (see post #34 above). The previous legal requirement to provide "protection grade" fuel (Motor Fuel (Composition and Content) Regulations 1999) expired on 31 December 2016 so this is somewhat overdue.

I actually feel reasonably reassured by this for two reasons:

Firstly, the government has at least recognised that we exist:

"... a small proportion of older vehicles will need to continue to use E5. These include classic or cherished older vehicles; but also include a significant number of cars and motorbikes which are less than 25 years old..."

And, secondly, it looks like the legal requirement for suppliers to provide "protection grade" fuel of no more than 5% ethanol, will continue. As is the case now, while there is a statutory maximum ethanol content, there still appears to be no minimum figure for the "protection grade" fuel. This should mean that those of us in the right areas should still be able to use Esso ethanol-free fuel for as long as they see fit to supply it.

I would have urged everyone to write in and make our concerns known, but I see that the consultation period expired on 16 September, so we're too late!
The F***ers like to keep these things quiet. And the arrest and imprisonment of Englishmen for telling the truth.

Last edited by Mossleymonster; 22-09-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Mossleymonster is offline   Reply With Quote