View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #34
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Update

I said in earlier posts (1 & 15) that the legal requirement for fuel companies to provide 'protection grade' petrol (i.e. petrol with no more than 5% ethanol content) expires on 31 December 2016.

Here is an extract from an email I received from the DfT:

"We aim to consult next year on a proposal to extend the requirement for larger forecourts to provide petrol with no more than 5% ethanol. We expect the proposal to be broadly similar to the current one.

We are in regular contact with suppliers who have been asked to give at least three months’ notice of any plans to introduce this fuel. As yet none have indicated they have any immediate plans to introduce E10."

So it looks like we'll be spared the introduction of E10 for the foreseeable future at least. We'll still need to hunt around for Ethanol-free fuel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duke View Post
the reply 'maggsy' got from BP in the recent thread says ultimate will never have more than 5% ethanol until jan 2017 which of course isn't far away !! which to me sounds as if it does have ethanol in already.
There's a BP garage near me, so I'll test some of their Ultimate fuel this week and post the results on here.

In the meantime, Esso premium seems to be the only fuel definitely ethanol-free, in this part of the country anyway.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote