View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #5
DesmoDom

As said in an earlier reply, try both, in fact try as many different models of Monster as you can, then you can judge for yourself what will suit you best.
I had a 94 900ss from new for 2yrs, loved it, then bought a 93 888 Strada, totally outstanding bike, but then in 97, part ex'd it for another new 900ss, which performed slightly better than the 94 model. Had that one for 3 yrs, loved it as much as the 1st one, but fancied a 996 so part ex'd the ss and got a new 2000 model 996 Bip, another outstanding bike, but overall, not as good as the 888.
Had the 996 (aka the money pit) for 3 yrs, loved it very much, spent FAR too much money on it, then lost loads when I sold it, then got my S4 Cromo and I think this will be my last bike (unless they put the Desmosedici lump in a Monster), as I've found the S4 to be all of my previous Ducati's rolled into one, but more rider friendly and I don't think the S4R/S is different enough to make me want to change.
Sorry for going on, but I was just trying to show that it can take a while before you get to your ideal bike.