View Single Post
Old 20-03-2006, 08:01 AM   #6
MilesB

Exclamation At last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles
Hi,

I have bought a brand new monster S2R 800, My name is Miles...

Anway, would love to hear from anyone out there, but I also have a serious question . why on earth don't Ducati make a main stand for the S2R ? its a pain trying to do anything with the bike , like routine maintenance and cleaning, on the side stand. Does anyone know where I can get a main stand contraption of some sort and what it is called that I am looking for !

thanks.

Miles.
Wow - at last - another Miles
I knew logging on as MilesB would avoid confusion at some point

Welcome to the friendliest Biking Club on the planet.

In answer to your question, the simple answer is to get a "Paddock Stand" - which is you have an S2R will presumably have to be a single sided one, as you only have one swing arm. This works by inserting a rod into the axle spindle, and allowing you to lift the rear wheel of the deck whilst supporting the bike upright.

The more complex option is to get a centre stand - although I'm not sure if there is one specifically for the S2R - as the place where you would fit it is occupied by the catalitic converter/collector box 'bagpie' thingy... you'd have to remove that and then see if the standard add-on centre stand still fitted...

Of course you can remove this, and this has been done by others.

But I'm not sure if anyone else has gone on to fit a centre stand?
If so they ain't admitting it !

Miles