View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #864
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Spent yesterday with more filling and shaping of the seat pattern, the filler is now over 25mm thick at the leading edge. I spent some time pondering how to cover the seat and concluded that I should use, if at all possible, the inside of the seat hump as a tool box/glove box. This obviously involves more complexity and is only feasible if I can get the top of the seat latch mechanism to be no more than 25mm above the rear frame rails. It also requires that the seat hump foam pad is removable. I love planning jobs like this, working out possibilities, analysing constraints and options and whether or not I have the skill to manufacture what I decide is the best option. I now have a plan but I will not know whether is feasible or worth doing until the seat is made and its precise vertical and fore and aft positioning is determined.
When I got bored with this I looked around for a job that would take an hour or so as the garage is too cold to stay in for any length of time. Some while ago I made up a stay to hold the lower end of the headlight bracket. This was made in steel with brazed in threaded plugs, it is quite heavy and not that well made. I found some lighter gauge steel tube and decided that the attachment could be made from CF so I knocked up a mould to manufacture one in CF.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote