View Single Post
Old 30-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #862
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Good points both Utopia and Mick, I think I will save myself the trouble and use the trip. Thanks

Started today with a bit of rubbing down and filling of the seat pattern and I decided that I would take the opportunity to modify the design a little by raising the leading edge about 25 to 30mm as it interfaces with the tank. This should a) reduce the possibility of gonad/tank contact under heavy braking and b) stop it looking too much like a plank, downsides are it will be more complicated to cut the seat foam and the seat cover will be more difficult to get right.
photo hosting software

Also I had previously tapped out the threads on the instrument panel lugs on the top yoke with the intention of threading in 2 x 65mm studs to retain the instrument panel below and the support bracket for the fly-screen above. I decided that titanium would be best for this threaded stud (130mm threaded). An hour and a half later I had managed a measly 25mm so I gave it up as a bad job and will buy 4 x 30mm titanium socket cap screws and screw them in from top and bottom.
Finally when I was looking for the grease nipple yesterday I came across my 3mm aluminium headlamp support plates which I made ages ago. I was never really satisfied with them as they were heavier than I thought necessary and when I came to lighten them the drill skidded and one of the holes was misaligned. Being on the inside of the bracket, it could barely be seen but I knew it was there and it niggled me. So I knocked up this pattern to make the brackets in CF.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote