View Single Post
Old 15-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #46
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ha .. as soon as I saw your first photo, I knew what was coming.

And yes, it was a grand day out.
Loads of interesting bikes to see as usual but I do agree .. the 750 Ducatis were top of the list

Apart from a couple of short trundles to recommission the bike after its covid layoff, that was the first proper ride that I've done since march 2019.
Great to meet up again after all this time .. and to meet a couple of new faces too.
The only downside was the queue outside the naafi, which refused to get even the tiniest bit shorter at any time during the three or four hours that we watched it, forcing us to make an early departure in search of ham, eggs and chips at a local hostelry.

The ride home was indeed a good one but I have to say, James, it got even better after we parted company at Bourne.
The roads from there back to Tim's neck of the woods around Melton are pretty damn wonderful .. just major enough to be well maintained and free of gravel outwash etc but still minor enough to be full of twists and turns as they wind their way through forgotten middle english countryside and devoid of much traffic to speak of.
I've followed Tim along those roads a few times over the years and it quickly became one of my favourite, local(ish) runs.

Yep, all in all a grand day out.
Only downside is that I've just realised, via a photo on "another" forum that there was a Bimota Tesi there (complete with hub-centre steering).
I could probably have spent another hour gazing at that.
Maybe it'll be there next year.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote