View Single Post
Old 21-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
A Yerbury

Parisian flare and Alexander Guerre

I have come away unscathed -yet again! from more diabolical beaurocracy, I wrestled the bitch to the ground with nowt more than a demi lord Nelson, a cutlass and a fridge magnet shaped like a baguette (or a beige turd as the inner adolescent observed) All in all the tourists were a varied and svelte bunch despite the obligatory undulating Americanos and a Spanish fellow mumbling ice cream, ice cream, you scream I SCREAM! I think he was one of these simpletons one heres so much about these days....and yes, he was overweight....and possibly dribbling. I did enjoy a particularly crisp beer opposite the Eifel Tower, the ambiance and dapplacious sunbeams only marred by a rather vulgar Italian couple (acid wash denim?!) and their poodle/child substitute "Enzo"....all three were dancing the grim fandango on a gibbet some hours later, friends in high places and all that. I followed some women around for a bit, taking in all the heady details and vowed to get myself another groovy slink (slinky groove?) ASAP.. ahhh the rich tapestry of our great cities consists of many threads, most of them young woman shaped and non of yer tat neither. I took the rue of Invalids, Babylon and then Dragon.....not paved with gold but certainly poetry. All in all a most enjoyable few hours..did I mention the modern art auction? no, oh well. Nearly caught a picture of a young Japanese student leaning on to a phallic bollard, however as a peeping tom and all round "dustbin mind" -courtesy my Grandmother- I do very well, as a chronicler of humanity in a Carteir Bresson style I do not rate as highly, trust me it happened. Now I realise you are a busy chap and have important items to attend to, so I shall tarry you no further!
Yours with a rich platter of sushi for 8euros (good)
and a pint of Let Africans Get Equal Rights for 7euros (bad)
Alex Y.
ps. for those interested I did see 2 monsters. I did not take a picture.

Last edited by A Yerbury; 21-03-2005 at 11:15 AM..