View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #40
ottoatom

I assume its a 2005 S2R 800, dont believe S2R1000s were already out in 2004/2005.

From what the manual says, 2005 models are Euro2 which will make them non-compliant with the ULEZ. If Im wrong and it's a Euro3 bike you should be fine as this is what they really look at.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...t-the-standard

Because my V5C didnt have the emissions on it I had to get the CoC for the bike, which is specific to the VIN and VRN of the vehicle and send it to TFL with a big please, thank you and cheese on top. You can get the CoC from Ducati UK, or other dealers. I got mine from InMoto so they know the drill and will help you, through a **small** contribution of 100£... The problem is that because the bike is older than 10 years, they might not have it and are not obliged to give it to you, so I hope you're as lucky as I was.

If you cant get the CoC, TFL also accept the following (copy paste from an email they sent me):

If you can provide us with a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5C) that contains the Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)value and Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel), we can confirm the compliance status of your vehicle. Please check that the NOx and if applicable the PM value is recorded on the V5c, usually these are deatiled in sections V.3 and V.5 respectively.

If these values are not recorded on the V5c you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle's Conformity Certificate which you can obtain from the vehicle manufacturer. Alternatively you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department. They will need to provide you with a letter signed by a named individual from the homologation department which contains the following information:
- vehicle registration mark (VRM)
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to
- Fuel Type
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value

I tried that route myself and didnt go far at all, I was so happy when they found the CoC for my bike at Ducati UK that giving those 100£ was more a relief than anything else..

Anyway, hope this helps.
Otto