View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #59
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hey Gary, thanks for the heads up. Life get's in the way sometimes, so don't worry? I'm thinking by the sounds of things the paint you use might be expensive for me to just paint one ring? I'm favouring a satin black finish anyway since I think it will be easier to get something acceptable. I had considered hydro dip carbon style but when I looked into the starter kits are £50 so that's not viable for one small item anyway and with the rest of the lamp it's pretty trivial anyway. Satin black would be fine.

As regards the lamp unit I chose it's one of those generic LED projector type that look a bit like the Motodemic or other expensive types and include a metal heat sink rear and internal fan with 2 LED projectors and a halo DRL. I had originally ruled those type out as I didn't think they would suit the bike with the current stock lamp unit but then I remembered I had a carbon shell and rim in a box doing nothing and it might look Ok with that. So I was kinda swayed with that setup so I got one. It's still in the experimental stages and will have to see how it looks all together but I figured that if I had an adapter ring it would give me options and I could fit whatever I wanted?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote