Thread: My M750 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #87
Taff666

Been trying to learn a new skill

Back again

Got myself a quote for a rewiring that came out way above my budget (£1200-£1500!!) so have had to unskillfully learn a new skill - motorcycle electrics!!

With no real knowledge of electrics I have had to start from scratch. Youtube, Google, handy mates (Thanks Rog + Bry) and various books and manuals have all helped me out, but I'm not letting anyone else do any work on this bike that I can do myself.

I have to modify the loom because when I chopped the tail off the bike, I had to move the fusebox from under the seat to under the tank, where the airbox used to live.

If only the wiring on the bike matched the colours in the Haynes manual!!

Will be pestering people soon with the likes of "Where does the red/green go?"

This is where I am at:-

Reckon I'm going to be putting in some cold hours out the shed this winter!!

Don't know how anything got done before the anoraks started putting "how to" videos on Youtube so dolts like me can feck it up even further!!

I started from the handlebar ends, trying to make the electric cables look more like the braided hoses, braided throttle and choke cables. Haven't come out quite as I wanted but happy enough for now.

Next/continuing job is to finish the mods to the loom and get everything working - easy f*****g peasy!!

Take it easy all.