View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #32
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Job jobbed at last.
The new seals went into the masters with no bother at all. I made a drift out of a short length of 22mm copper pipe, with 6mm cut out of it length ways. Pythagoras told me that the circumference is 6.284 less for a 20mm pipe and he was right.
Simply held together with a jubilee clip and carefully de-burred, it worked a treat. It pushed the slippy assembly down nice and square and then just a light doink with a hammer and everything was nice and firm.
Covers and levers polished and Titanium banjo bolts in for show.
After cleaning, the tired anodising was a sort of bluey/grey colour, but I rejuvenated the masters and caliper with grate polish (formerly known as Zebrite). Paint is no good for these items in my opinion, due to the proximity of brake fluid and also the heat of the caliper. The paste has an aggressive black dye and consists mostly of graphite which is very heat resistant. It polishes up a treat to a nice.. er.. Graphite colour, with a slight sparkle in it. Very pleasing and hopefully very easy to touch up later on.
Seals yet to go in the caliper and so only bolted up for show.. you get the idea.
Lucky Commando.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 28-01-2019 at 04:06 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote