View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #36
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Interesting how well they compare to the CRG mirrors and as you say actually less than the price of a pair of bar end weights.

I also found that the pinch screws needed a very firm tighten to stop everything moving. The trick is to tighten the mirror ball joint end first and then the handlebar end.

I got them tight enough that they don't move when riding, even at warp snot, but I can still adjust the angle with firm pressure.. You have to mean it, but they still don't move again after a little tweak. A little fine grinding paste on the ball would probably lock them up solid with less pinch screw pressure?
To be honest I rather liked the on-the-move adjustability as I was fine tuning the view over a 100 mile ride.
Some horrid noisy, short and sticky fingered human had to have a fiddle when I was parked at a show among other bikes. Sadly the village no longer has a drowning pool, but at least the mirror was easily corrected at the first straight stretch when leaving the village.

I am still getting used to the extra few degrees that I have to look sideways to see the mirrors. They are both out of my field of vision when riding and need a head movement to see them and a microsecond more distraction from the view ahead. My biggest concern is missing blue flashing lights approaching from behind. I really really don't like obstructing emergency vehicles! Nor manic arsehole tailgaters either. That said the view is remarkable when I do look.